BBQ Chicken Burgers with Slaw
Servings: 6 pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter cut into pieces
- 1 medium red onion 1/2 finely chopped, 1/2 thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 pound ground chicken
- 1 1/2 tbsp grill seasoning
- 4 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon Juiced
- 5 tbsp rounded sweet pickle relish
- 3 cups shredded cabbage mix
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 6 each cornmeal Kaiser rolls split
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add chopped onions, garlic and tomato paste and sweat them for 5 minutes to soften and sweeten. Sprinkle in sugar and remove from heat.Cool in a bowl, 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste mixture, Worcestershire, hot sauce to bowl and combine. Add chicken to the bowl then grill seasoning and combine the burgers well to evenly distribute the flavors and form 6 patties. Wash up.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan, in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties 6 minutes on each side.
- Combine the honey, lemon juice, and remaining extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl. Add relish, cabbage mix and sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Toss the slaw to coat and reserve.
- Serve burgers on bun bottoms topped with and bun tops.
Coleslaw, also known as cole slaw or simply slaw, is a side dish consisting primarily of finely shredded raw cabbage with a salad dressing, commonly either vinaigrette or mayonnaise. Calories per serving: 374