ThisChocolate Cheesecake is packed full of richchocolate flavor, accompanied with ahomemade Oreo cookie crust, and topped withdark chocolate ganache.
- 16-18 pcs oreo cookies crushed
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 3 ounce packaged cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (a bit more than 8 oz of baking chocolate)
- 3 nos eggs
- 1 egg york
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp flour
- 10 ounce semi-sweet chocolate melted (8 oz = 1 cup)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheatoven to 325 degrees.
- Place Oreo’sin a plastic bag or two, and proceed to crush them consistently with abluntobject, until they are in small crumbs.
- Place crumbs in a medium bowl,add melted butter, and mix until the mixture holdstogether slightly with pressure.
- You may need to add in more melted butter.
- Pourcrumbs into a spring-from 9-inchpan and press onto the bottom of the pan, andup the sides slightly, if desired.
- In aheat-proof bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Set aside.
- Beatcream cheese with the sugar, cocoa powder, flour, heavy cream, and sour creamuntil combined, in a large bowl.
- Addeggs and egg yolk, and stir until just combined.
- Addvanilla and melted chocolate last.
- Stir until completely combined. Make sure not to over mix or whip.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the crust in the spring-form pan.
- Carefully place inthe oven and bake for around 55 minutes, until center is set.
- Once out of theoven, and cooled, place in the fridge and chill overnight beforeserving.
Ganache Top Layer
- Once mostly chilled, make ganache. Bring heavy cream to a simmer in a small saucepan with the sugar and butter.
- Remove from heat, add in chocolate chips, and stir until completely melted and creamy.
Pour on the Topping
- Immediatelypourthe mixture over the cheesecake (still in the springform pan) and lettheganache spread completely and evenly over the surface.
- Continue chilling.
- Serve cold.